Copyright © 1996-2010 WriteExpress Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Use of this material is subject to the WriteExpress License Agreement.
Use of this material is subject to the WriteExpress License Agreement.
Tips: A letter demonstrates a special effort to express a compliment, and also
provides a tangible reminder of the praise. Keep the tone personal and sincere.
Combine sample phrases and
sentences to create a letter that is specific to your own personal situation.
1. Mention the reason why
you are complimenting or praising the reader.
Sentences:
·
Ever since you volunteered
to take care of my sister's children while she recuperated from her surgery,
I have admired your unselfishness.
·
I just want you to know that
I think you are doing a terrific job.
·
Congratulations on getting
funding for the next phase of development. You are becoming something of a legend around here.
·
I have learned more from you
than from any teacher I have ever had.
·
I talked to John Doe
yesterday, and he said that you did a superb job of filling in for me.
·
I was impressed by the way
you handled the Little League team. I had no idea you were a coach.
Phrases:
·
am so proud of the way
·
congratulations on
·
did such a wonderful job
·
ever since you
·
for your unwavering support during
·
have taught me so much about
·
have had great admiration for
·
have had a profound effect
on
·
have restored my faith in
·
how grateful I have been for
·
how much I admire
·
how impressed I have been
·
knowing that I could count
on you
·
must congratulate you
·
of how much you have meant
to
·
the superb job you have done
·
want you to know
·
was delighted to discover
·
wonder if you are fully
aware of
2. Acknowledge positive
personal qualities or special efforts.
Sentences:
·
I know that she feels
comfortable leaving the children with you because of your caring, patient
personality.
·
You always manage to meet
each deadline with high quality work.
·
You definitely have a gift
for writing convincing business plans.
·
You have a way of explaining
things that is easy for me to understand. Not everyone has such a gift.
·
You have always put forth
extra effort in your assignments. I really appreciate being the one who
benefits this time.
·
You are able to motivate the
young players while staying positive. We truly appreciate that quality in the
leaders of our youth.
Phrases:
·
always manage to
·
can always count on you
·
composure and resolve
·
concern and sensitivity
·
cordial and helpful
·
deserve the very best
·
gave me the incentive to
·
handled it like a pro
·
have a gift for
·
if it hadn't been for you
·
not sure how you managed
·
particularly appreciate
·
patience and determination
·
such a flair
·
the way you
·
your patience with
·
your valuable expertise
·
your remarkable selflessness
·
your ability to
·
your willingness to
·
your vision of
·
your outstanding talent
3. Convey confidence in the
reader or express appreciation.
Sentences:
·
I know she appreciates
everything you do.
·
We are proud to have you on
the team.
·
You have a great future in
this business.
·
I am sure others feel the
way I do.
·
It's great to have a
colleague who will help this way.
·
Thank you for your kindness.
·
Thanks for being such a
great example.
·
Thanks for your helpful
contributions.
·
Thank you for helping me at
this difficult time.
·
Please accept my sincere
gratitude.
Phrases:
·
always knew that you
·
am confident that
·
are proud to
·
are a great friend
·
are an inspiration to
·
can always count on you
·
don't know what we would
have done
·
for being there
·
for being such a help
·
for helping
·
for your kindness
·
have a great future
·
is much appreciated
·
know that you will succeed
·
making a great contribution
·
my respect and admiration
·
please accept
·
really appreciate all you've done
·
sincere gratitude for
·
such a great example
·
thanks for everything
·
to have you as part of our
team
|
Немає коментарів:
Дописати коментар